The main admission criteria for EMTM applicants are:
- Completed university bachelor's or master's degree/s (=180 ECTS credit points or more) in the field of: tourism, economics, business administration, geography or other related fields in the social sciences or humanities.
- Excellence on obtaining the university degree/s. The average grades are taken into consideration in the assessment of applications.
- English language proficiency proved by one of the following certificates:
- TOEFL iBT with at least 88 points. At the time of application, the test results cannot be older than two years. TOEFL ITP tests are not accepted.
- IELTS Academic with an overall grade of at least 6.5 (not older than two years at the time of application).
- C1 Advanced (CAE) with minimum level C or C2 Proficiency (CPE) from Cambridge Assessment English.
You are exempt from documenting your English skills if your first degree (bachelor/undergraduate degree) was taken in the USA, Canada (English speaking part), Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom or Ireland. Please note that if your degree was only partly taught in one of the above countries, you are not exempted from documenting your English skills but must do so as indicated on this page. It is not sufficient to enclose a letter from your home university. Not even if the language of instruction at your home university is English.
To apply to the EMTM programme, candidates have to prepare the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (Europass EU format)
- A scanned copy of the university degree diploma(s) (with English translation if necessary)
- A scanned copy of the transcript(s) of course grades (with English translation if necessary)
- Proof of English language competence (see Admission Criteria)
- A letter stating the motivation to undertake the EMTM programme, professional experience (if any) and future prospects
- Two letters of recommendation
- A scanned copy of a valid passport
Incomplete applications or applications not including the English language proof (see admission criteria above) will be considered non-eligible.
The application cycle is divided in three rounds:
- Round 1: Closed on January 25, 2023 (12:00 CET)
- Round 2: Closed on March 15, 2023 (12:00 CET)
- Round 3: Closed on April 30, 2023 (12:00 CET)
The EMTM programme will send acceptance letters after each application round.
Selection results will be communicated in the following time periods:
- Candidates who apply in round 1: February 2023
- Candidates who apply in round 2: April 2023
- Candidates who apply in round 3: May 2023
Eligible applications (i.e., applications fulfilling the admission criteria) that are not selected will be included in the reserve list.
To apply to the EMTM programme, candidates have to follow the steps described in Application Step-by-Step.
Summary of Dates
December 2022: Launch of the call for applications
January 25, 2023: Deadline round 1
February, 2023: Communication of selection results to applicants who applied in round 1
March 15, 2023: Deadline round 2
April, 2023: Communication of selection results to applicants who applied in round 2
April 30, 2023: Deadline round 3
May, 2023: Communication of selection results to applicants who applied in round 3
June - August 2023: 1st semester preparations
End of August 2023: Introduction week in Kolding, Denmark
September 2023: Start of the 1st semester
Please note that these dates are subject to change.
Update of May 22, 2023: The EMTM programme has opened an additional call for applications for candidates from EU countries. The call will close on June 30, 2023. Selection results will be communicated in July 2023.
Applicants have the right to appeal against the selection decision. Reasons to appeal must be duly justified using the appeal form available here. The appeal form, together with supporting documents (if applicable), must be scanned and sent by e-mail to the EMTM Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 10 days after the selection results have been communicated. The EMTM Selection Committee will respond within one month after reception of the appeal.
Before appealing, please read carefully the information contained in the sections “Admission Criteria” and "Application Step-by-Step". Late, incomplete or incorrect applications are not reasons for appeal.
Should you have any questions regarding the selection procedure, you can contact the EMTM Secretariat (email@example.com), instead of raising an appeal.