The main admission criteria for EMTM applicants are:
- Completed university bachelor's or master's degree/s (=180 ECTS credit points or more) in the field of: tourism, economics, business administration, geography or other related fields in the social sciences or humanities.
- Excellence on obtaining the university degree/s (the average grades must be A or B, minimum 70%).
- English language proficiency proved by one of the following certificates:
- TOEFL iBT with at least 88 points. At the time of application, the test results cannot be older than two years. TOEFL ITP tests are not accepted.
- IELTS Academic with an overall grade of at least 6.5 (not older than two years at the time of application).
- C1 Advanced (CAE) with minimum level C or C2 Proficiency (CPE) from Cambridge Assessment English.
You are exempt from documenting your English skills if your first degree (bachelor/undergraduate degree) was taken in the USA, Canada (English speaking part), Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom or Ireland. Please note that if your degree was only partly taught in one of the above countries, you are not exempted from documenting your English skills but must do so as indicated on this page. It is not sufficient to enclose a letter from your home university. Not even if the language of instruction at your home university is English.
To apply to the EMTM programme, candidates have to prepare the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (Europass EU format)
- A scanned copy of the university degree diploma(s) (with English translation if necessary)
- A scanned copy of the transcript(s) of course grades (with English translation if necessary)
- Proof of English language competence (see Admission Criteria)
- A letter stating the motivation to undertake the EMTM programme, professional experience (if any) and future prospects
- Two letters of recommendation
- A scanned copy of a valid passport
The application deadline will be announced when the next call for applications opens.
To apply to the EMTM programme, candidates have to follow the steps described in Application Step-by-Step.
Applicants will be notified about the selection results between April and May 2022.
Applicants have the right to appeal against the selection decision. Reasons to appeal must be duly justified using the appeal form available here. The appeal form, together with supporting documents (if applicable), must be scanned and sent by e-mail to the EMTM Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 10 days after the selection results have been communicated. The EMTM Selection Committee will respond within one month after reception of the appeal.
Before appealing, please read carefully the information contained in the sections “Admission Criteria” and "Application Step-by-Step". Late, incomplete or incorrect applications are not reasons for appeal.
Should you have any questions regarding the selection procedure, you can contact the EMTM Secretariat (email@example.com), instead of raising an appeal.